what’s mould temperature?
The mould temperature refers to the temperature of the surface of the cavity when the forming is performed. It is important to maintain the proper temperature and uniform distribution of the mould design and the conditions of the forming process.
The uneven mould temperature distribution causes uneven shrinkage and internal stress, which makes the forming port susceptible to deformation and warpage. The mold temperature affects the molding cycle and the forming quality. In actual operation, it is set by the lowest appropriate mold temperature of the material used, and then appropriately adjusted according to the quality condition.
Effects by changing the mold temperature
- Accelerate the crystallinity of the formed product and a relatively uniform structure.
- The molding shrinkage is sufficient, and the shrinkage is reduced. That is to say, the product shrinks after production.
- Improve the strength and heat resistance of the products produced. Prevent product cracking and fragility.
- Reduce residual internal stress, molecular alignment and deformation.
- The mold temperature is too high, and the cooling time is too short, so that the parts during demolding are overheated and the deformation occurs.
- reduce PP material common shock pattern or wave pattern
- Increasing the mold temperature can make the surface of the injection molded product have good gloss and reduce the instability of the chromaticity.
- reduce the flow of negative resistance during filling, reduce pressure loss.
- Make the appearance of the molded product more lustrous and good.
- Increase the chance of burrs on molded products.
- Increase the chance of near-gate location and reduce the depression of the remote gate
- reduce the obvious degree of bonding line
- Increase the cooling time to enhance the structure of the product.
suggested mould temperature for different plastic material
- PP polypropylene material mold temperature 40-80 ° C, suggest 50 ° C
- PPS polyphenylene sulfide material mold temperature 120-180 ° C.
- POM mold temperature: 80 ~ 105 ° C .
- PE-HD high density polyethylene mold temperature: 50 ~ 95 ° C
- PC polycarbonate mold temperature: 70 ~ 120 ° C
- PBT polybutylene terephthalate mold temperature: 40~60 ° C for unreinforced materials.
- PA6 polyamide or nylon 6 mold temperature: for thin-walled, long process plastic parts 80 ~ 90 ° C .If the wall thickness is bigger than 3mm, and it is recommended to use a low temperature mold of 20~40 ° C . The temperature of the glass reinforcement mold should be higher than ° C .
- ABS acrylonitrile-butadiene-styrene copolymer mold temperature: 25…70 ° C .
- PA12 polyamide or nylon 12 mold temperature: 30~40 ° C for unreinforced materials, 80~90 ° C for thin-walled or large-area components, and 90~100 ° C for reinforced materials.
- PA66 nylon 66 mold temperature: 60-90 ° C for unreinforced materials, 80-120 ° C for reinforced materials plus 30% glass fiber or more.